Did you mean: 
heygccom
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Warranty support by serial number?

HP Recommended
Other PC OEMs are able to provide warranty support by the unit S/N. Where, if anywhere, does HP have this on their site?
0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,357 11,484
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,357 11,484
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

View solution in original post

WendyM
Level 7
1,018 917 21 140
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
jnicita
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, I have about 300 servers that I need to check warranty "end" date on, a compilation from all our data centers. I cant believe that your system doesnt allow lookup by serial number, all the g6 and g7 385's have 10 digit serial numbers like USE022N74K, every other server manufacture in our data center, a simple serial number is enough to get warranty info on, but all I can get back from your site is a need for a product ID? Do you use the same serial numbers with different product ID's? Why else would that be manadatory?

Please provide a way to get info with only a 10 character serial number please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
OrnahP
Retired
Retired
2,881 2,490 39 93
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This is a peer-to-peer community for customers to connect and share solutions regarding their HP products.

You may have a better response at the forums for business support, if you'd like to give them a try:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support

Thank you,

OrnahE
HP Support Forums Moderator

@jnicita wrote:

So, I have about 300 servers that I need to check warranty "end" date on, a compilation from all our data centers. I cant believe that your system doesnt allow lookup by serial number, all the g6 and g7 385's have 10 digit serial numbers like USE022N74K, every other server manufacture in our data center, a simple serial number is enough to get warranty info on, but all I can get back from your site is a need for a product ID? Do you use the same serial numbers with different product ID's? Why else would that be manadatory?

Please provide a way to get info with only a 10 character serial number please.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation