Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 series

Purchasing a HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 series and being a HP Instant Ink subscriber was the worst decision I've ever made in my life.

I have spent over 20 hours on the phone and chat and am about to lose my mental health.

It is impossible to reach the call center and connection on the chat is always lost (although I am using a super fast internet)

HP told that There's an issue affecting both Instant Ink and non Instant Ink cartridges across the world with a number of models, the ones my printer uses included. These faulty cartridges can cause damage to my printer, permanently. And they are not shipping new cartridges. They are still working on it.

HP must be the worst co. in the world in terms of customer service. I spoke to at least 15-20 agents on the chat and nobody cared.

Could someone help me about what are my rights as a customer?

I am being charged for instant ink membership every month. I cannot return my printer to where I bought it because the return window passed. I cannot use my printer. I cannot buy cartridges because HP says all cartridges in the market are damaged. The agent told me that if I cancel my instant ink subscription, they will not send me replacing ones. So what are my options?

I cannot believe what is happening. I do and I will always hate the day I purchased this printer.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Brk2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

An HP contact called me days after this conversation. She said nothing different than what they told before. She promised that I would receive an email about instant ink subscription, and it never arrived.

No solution yet, no shipment, no cartridge yet. Lies and lies. 

If you read this thread and plan to buy a printer, do not buy HP. Believe me, they never cared. They never inform me of a solution. 

HP Agents - if you read this, please answer these questions publicly.

- Why don't you ship undamaged cartridges?

- Why can't I use my printer that you charge me every month?

- The HP agent on the phone told me that I would receive an email saying that instant ink will not be charged. This was another lie, I did not receive such an email.

- How can I return this printer? It is under manufacturers warranty. And this is manufacturer's fault. YOU ARE NOT MANUFACTURING CARTRIDGES NOW. YOU DO NOT ALLOW ME USE ANY CARTRIDGE IN THE MARKET. SO WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW? When I find an answer, it will be too late and it won't be under warranty. Is this your strategy?

HP Recommended

I continue to write about this problem until you find and suggest a solution.

I will write about HP customer service on this forum, my blog, other blogs, and all other platforms available.

This is unacceptable. If there are consumer rights in this country, Hp has to do something.

HP Recommended

I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until next week before seeking help from a consumer protection agency or Better Business Bureau.

HP Recommended

I cannot believe all these. Nobody cares, nobody answers, nobody ships the cartridges.

HP must be the worst company in the world.

why don't you ship me my cartridges?

Why don't you ship me my cartridges?

Why don't you ship me my cartridges?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.