Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277
Linux

I uploaded 2 pictures of my printer's formatter board to ask if fixing it was feasible (a thunder damage), but the pictures were removed by a moderator, and I was directed to "Rules Of Participation".

I really tried to understand what rule did the pictures violate, but didn't come up with anything.

One picture was taken with my cell-phone and the other (for more detailed view of the damage) with my USB-microscope.

The bigger picture was about 700 kB png. and the smaller was 268 kB jpg.

I'm an embedded SW designer from Finland, and I've nothing to do with HP - other than buying HP products every now and then for my personal use.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Aha. The pictures were not against the rules. Just got clearance...

I'm an embedded SW designer from Finland, and I've nothing to do with HP - other than buying HP products every now and then for my personal use.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi

There is a size limit.

So maybe your pictures were excellent, but needed to be reduced in size by shrinking etc?

HP Recommended

I remember seeing that 1MB is the maximun size. The site doesn't even upload bigger pictures.

This was the bigger picture...

vlcsnap-2018-08-04-18h48m03s242.png

What's against the rules?

HP Recommended

Hi

It's awaiting approval.

HP Recommended

I got private message from a moderator that the pictures were against the rules and were removed.

I can't follow rules that I don't know about. And can't find out either.

HP Recommended

Hi

This forum has strange rules to someone like myself, who is English.

Certain models from the Ford Motor Company are banned, I believe Cortina is acceptable but ?scor? is not.

The message body contains ?scor?, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

As they say in Yorkshire E' that's rum.

Maybe you used a bad word?
HP Recommended

The postings were not removed, just the pictures.

And yes, I have seen that "illegal word"-thing elsewhere too. I think it's AI that scans through the messages. It doesn't care about the context, but removes a posting (or hides words) if there are words tha in some slang are considered obscene.

That ...cort -word is also used about certain adult-business...

HP Recommended

I know.

The Queen has Prince Philip as hers on many State Occasions.

So can you link to the product page itself?

Get a part number and HP PartSurfer may help.

HP Recommended

"The Queen has Prince Philip as hers on many State Occasions."

Sorry, I'm a Finn, didn't quite get that... 😄

The part ID of the board is  B3Q10-60001.

I checked the list of HP partners in Europe, and none of them seems to have that part.

Ordering from outside Europe means fooling around with customs. The problem is not so much the price, but the bureaucracy.

HP Recommended

You could try and PM the piccies to me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.