Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slimline 290-a0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I realize there ae lots of boards, but what can I do if I don't get an answer? Microsoft, has live people IF you go through lots of hoops to find them. 

HP should have the same.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@braxx201 

You are right - there are lots of boards.

The number of boards in the Community is not an issue - the problem, if there is one, is that there are thousands and thousands of requests for help each month and a very (very) few of us who volunteer to answer those pleas for assistance.

HP does not typically offer free help to those out of Warranty.

HP standard contract does not cover software.

Even "jumping through hoops" doesn't work unless the issue is unique or deemed important enough to pull in a special team.  Things that blow up, for example, are "important"... Whether you can install a driver (for example), "not-so-much".

That leaves "us" and anyone else you can convince to help you free of charge.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

I know - it's not what many people want (or sometimes demand) from us.

What to do?

Ask for help in the Community - provide all the information and details that you can - hope that someone answers.

Try a different community - if the issue is not "HP" brand related (many questions are not "brand" sensitive) - try a different community / forum.  There are lots of these around.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your detailed and heartfelt reply - and THANKS to all the (and unfortunately not enough) volunteers.

I guess I am naive but I would have thought that HP Management  (Microsoft as well)would be smart enough to have some "lurkers" on these Communities  to spot recurring and serious problems.

It seems to me that thee are too many unanswered problems on these volunteer sites that Company Managements ought to address!!

I think my problem is SERIOUS when:

1:My relatively new PC cannot get  HP Hardware Diagnostics to work

2. I cannot RESTORE to a previous point- it always FAILS over multiple dates.

3; I cannot solve my HP sound problems I have with the   INSTALLED Realtek sound system

Thanks for letting me VENT!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.