Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I asked to have my profile removed.

I have had posts deleted.  I posted a Date and Time stamp and it was classed as a rude word.

Ridiculous.

I pasted in a link from HP support drivers page, and it was not allowed because it used the numbers of the sofpaq's.

Why ban your own web pages?  Then put the onus/blame on the postee for it?

Ridiculous.

I note that I may not be the only poster to fall foul of these draconian rules.

CF4  signing off.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

We all had the problem of not being able to post links...basically any link that had a number as part of the link.

The issue seemed to occur sometime Friday through sometime yesterday.

The problem seems to be resolved now.

You posts were not deleted. 

They were consolidated with the half dozen other posts in the Inner Circle forum from the rest of us that reported the same issues.

As a matter of fact, I replied to your post to one of the moderators, as did others.

Perhaps you don't have access to the Inner Circle part of the forum yet.

I forgot at which level you can see that link.

When you have access, it shows up under the Private Boards section.

So it isn't personal.  

We all couldn't post anything--even HP links.

The next time you answer a question and need to post a link, it should be fine.

HP Recommended

Hey @CF4,

Yes, unfortunately, it may have been confusing for you. It seems that the moderators moved your posts to the Inner Circle when you don't even have access to it. I believe access is only granted by attaining Expert status.

We all had the issues and the moderators have been working hard to try and fix the situation firstly by restoring the ability to post numbers. 

I think a lot of people would benefit by your expertise in Operating Systems so hopefully, the misunderstanding didn't get to you.

I hope I'll see you in the forums,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.