Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Had to reset my laptop couldn't change username on sign in cause didn't know last persons password whys there not an easy way to delete old user
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there Moneytalks1234, 

I understand that you had to restore the Notebook to factory settings because you were unable to change the previous owners sign on information. 

You had asked why there is not an easier way to delete an old user. I don't have an exact answer to that question, but what I can offer you is links to Microsoft so that you can ask about sign on information and if there is an easier way. You can reach out to them using their Microsoft Community Forums just like you had done here. 

Here are a couple of documents you can take a look at that may help answer your question: 

If this reply helped to answer any of your questions, please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button at the bottom of this post. 

To simply say thanks, please click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

If you require any help in the future with your computer, please do not hesitate to come back to the HP Support Forums with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running and we would be more than happy to help! 

Thanks for joining the HP Support Community! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.