Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I sent my laptop to HP for repair, I received an email with a webpage I could check to give me updates on my laptop.  Thanks HP!  This will help me plan for when I can get back to work with my HP Spectre, which I have really liked except for this one critical hardward failure.  It will also give me a warm fuzzy feeling that my laptop is in good hands at the HP repair facility.

On November 28, a day after I think it should have been received in Fremont, CA, I decide to check and see what the status is, just in case there is an update.  Wait, what?  Awaiting customer action?  I turn my attention to Fedex.  Perhaps there was a problem in shipping. 

I have my fedex receipt, but luckily HP customer support has thought of this an included a link to the tracking page for my laptop. I guess it really hasn’t been received by HP, since HP is aware of the tracking number and it’s right here on this page.  On November 28, I decided to wait a day.  After all, HP is a busy company with lots of activity.  Maybe it just takes a business day to update things. 

On November 29, I decide to see if anything has changed.  It has not.  Here’s the tracking information: signed for by C. Chan at the Fremont repair facility on Monday 27 November at 10:13 am.  So I call HP customer support.  The customer support agent happily assures me that my laptop was received and is being repaired but there is no estimated completion date. When I ask her about the “customer support” website that is supposed to help me stay informed and have good feelings that HP has got things taken care of, she says the problems with the customer support page will be looked into.  So I decide to check again, yet another day later.  On 30 November, three days later, the “customer support” case status webpage still hasn’t been updated.  Do I need to call every day to check the status instead?

I presume your company maintains the repair status webpage for better customer service.  The incorrect information is anything but customer service.  I recommend you eliminate the website you are wasting money on, as it is eroding my trust in your company at a time when I am already unhappy, with a broken laptop that is only a year and a few months old.  I paid $500 for this repair, which is no small sum to me; in addition for excessive money I already spent on the laptop.  I can find a laptop that suits my needs for less money, but I had trust in the HP brand.  Broken customer support services don’t help that at all.  Your marketing and business strategy team will understand what I am talking about.

Based on my search of your forums, this is a common complaint. Why are you bothering with a repair status webpage, HP??????

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@rtrchc

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

In my experience they do update the status with tracking number once the box ships out, then it can be tracked with using UPS' own web site and tracking number provided.

That's about it. I have not seen internim repair status updates meaning what exactly is taking place at the depot repoair center

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.