Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Greetings.I see when I receive an email about a subscribed thread I get the following response:

Hi Sumitdhiman2,

----- posted a new comment in ----------------link------------on 03-14-2016 07:25 AM

Subject: Re: ------link-----

Did this reply resolve your post or question?

If yes, then share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution.
You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

We appreciate your feedback. It's what keeps our community such a helpful, vibrant place for our members.

Thanks for being a member!

The HP Support Forum Team

I want to know why the email doesn't contain the exact reply?Many forums use this method.This could save a lot of time for users like me.

PS If there is a switch that turns it on,I would like to know where that is located.
If this facility isn't available,treat this as a suggestion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes there is the ability to turn on that feature as I use it myself.

To enable the reply showing up in an e-mail, log in and click on your user name to get to your user name home page.

Then on the right side of the page, click on My Account.

Then click on the Subscriptions and notificatons tab.

On the left side of that page, click on the EMail Format link.

In the center of the page, next to the E-Mail content option, select the subject and body radio button.

Then click on the blue Save button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes there is the ability to turn on that feature as I use it myself.

To enable the reply showing up in an e-mail, log in and click on your user name to get to your user name home page.

Then on the right side of the page, click on My Account.

Then click on the Subscriptions and notificatons tab.

On the left side of that page, click on the EMail Format link.

In the center of the page, next to the E-Mail content option, select the subject and body radio button.

Then click on the blue Save button.

HP Recommended

Great!Thanks for the heads up!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you quickly made the change, I delayed sending this reply so you can see that the changes you made to your preferences worked.

You should now see the text of this reply in the notification e-mail you just received.

HP Recommended

Worked like a pro,thanks 🙂

I have clicked the thumbs up and marked your reply as a solution,is there need to do anything more?

I would be happy to repute you up

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

There is no need to do anything more.

HP Recommended

Hello!

Just my 2 cents.. I recently found out this option and I've activated it, it's very cool indeed. But I think this feature is not enabled for everybody by default as it might be a company strategy.

Many people would just read the reply to their posts in their email and wouldn't come to the forum website to reply. To HP, this means less page views, less solutions, less kudos.. i.e. le$$ money :TongueOut:

The Private Messages have this featured already enabled by default, I guess..

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.