Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lthpuser
Level 2
26 9 0 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Why does the login issue come up over & over again; have had to reregister reset 5X

HP Recommended

Last Thursday, 5/28/15 I again had to register for the community/user/whatever its called on this website before it gets changed at 5 PM today -- when I tried to acknowledge and ask for clarification about the detailed information and instructions suggested for me to solve an inability to fax from the PC communicating wirelessly with my HP 6700Prem eAIO the login screen rejected my attempt, but when I got the 'reset' connection email and tried using the name plus password combination that had been rejected, I got this ''ERROR MESSAGE"

"PLEASE CORRECT THE ERRORS AND TRY AGAIN.  NEW PASSWORD CANNOT BE THE SAME AS THE CURRENT PASSWORD." If possible I am also providing an image of the screen capture of that 'ERROR' message.

THIS IS MY DILEMMA:  If the reset page recognizes my user id/email address combined with my current password then why is the login page incapable of recognizing my user id/email address and current password as valid?

And as I said at the beginning of this why do I see it with others, and why do we all apparently have this happen over and over again with no "fix" or patch or workaround?  Something somewhere is apparently causing a glitch, something is temporarily fixed or reset, and then the login screen faults again -- this time only 7 days from my last re-registration.

And to add salt to the wound, when I logged in today, the user name which appeared was from a set of login data points rejected two times ago as wrong?

I want to thank the person who took the time to post an extensive response to the problem I having with faxing when the PC communicates with my HP 6700P eAIO -- the printing and scanning is great, so much faster than the old hard-wired XP PC and yet the faxing is kaput?  So if somone , a moderator or senior consumer contributor can relay my appreciation to the contributor I cannot contact I would also appreciate that.

1 REPLY 1
george-p
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,242 123 369
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @lthpuser ,

Issue reported to Admin.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation