cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swaniruddha
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Why extended Warrenty period for HP laptop (extra payment) taken from date of manufacture

HP Recommended
I purchased a new HP Pavillion laptop on 6th Feb. '09. It has 1-year normal product warrenty. I paid extra Rs. 6000.00 plus taxes for extended 2years' warrenty. Logically extended warrenty should expire by 5.2.2012.  The warrenty certificate shows expiry date 8.11.2011, considering dates from manufacturing date (Nov. 2008). The dealer says that it is the normal rule of HP for extended warrenty. Please clarify why 4 months less warrenty provided at extra cost.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,049
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The warranty period is always calculated from the day the product was purchased. same goes for teh extended warranty. Your extended 2 year warranty starts from your purchase date, and lasts for 2 years. If the certificate shows the incorrect Purchase date, then please contact the phone number mentioned in the Care Pack, and get it clarified by them. We cannot help you regarding this issue.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation