Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
chromebook
Chrome OS

I bought a HP Chromebook recently.    It didn't take long for the darn thing to start malfunctioning.

But, no big deal, it's under warranty.  Should be easy to fix.

So, I went on the stupid HP website and tried to initiate a warranty return.  After wasting a lot of time trying to figure out how to do that, I learned that the support site is just a circular maze of redirections that make it impossible to get a complete answer on returns or receive an RMA.  Also, the AI agent is useless.  And, it's impossible to find  a phone number to the warranty department.

Thanks to Google, I managed to find a number to call.  After three disconnects, multiple redirects, and an hour of wasted time, I finally managed to find someone who can help me.  He took my info, and promised me that he would have to send out shipping materials to pack up the Chromebook for return.   The dummy made an error on my shipping info, so the materials never arrived.

so, a few weeks later, I was forced to start all over again.  I initiated a new warranty return, and was told (again) that they would have to mail out a shipping box for return.  Apparently, this is a very difficult task, as I never received the second shipping box either.

Now, I have less than a week left before my warranty expires!

This has been a waste of hours of my time.  HP and their warranty just completely suck.

so, my questions are:

1) Why does HP fail so badly?

-and-

2) Does anyone have any advice on how to get this computer warrantied before time runs out?  

Perhaps without having to again waste time jumping through the same hoops that have already failed me?

Thank you

HP Reference Number: [Private information removed]

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@suxxors Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

I tried again today.

I called HP again.  Eventually got through to customer service.

They looked up my case, and promised me that the return materials were already on the way, and would absolutely, definitely be delivered by five p.m. TODAY. I almost believed him.  Then he refused to give me a tracking number hung up on me prematurely.

Five p.m. came and went.  Still no package. 

Is EVERYBODY there incompetent?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.