Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is one of the worst sites I've ever encountered that condones / allows post hijacking.  I've never been on any help forum where it was this bad.  On most forums, it's not tolerated at all.

It's confusing to readers because suggestions offered jump from one poster's problem & specific circumstances to anothers.  That practice ALSO often makes threads excessively long.

Most of the hijackers have a "similar problem" - but no 2 systems are identical.  Besides, hijacking threads is considered poor manners.  As said, it makes entire posts hard to follow & difficult to sort out which suggestions go w/ which poster's question.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It's sad when moderators don't care enough to even reply briefly to an issue like this.

I guess it explains why post hijacking is routinely allowed.

HP Recommended

Hi lostsowl,

I apologize that you haven't received a reply to this yet.  Your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate team and will be taken into consideration.  Thank you for your feedback!

Best,

SedonaF

HP Recommended

I suspect the problem results from HP's apparent nonexistant customer service and what you are seeing is the hoards of dissatisfied, frustrated HP customers who's only hope for help are these boards.

HP Recommended

anotherhpvictim: 

My goodness, you might have come across the secret that most posters seem to understand, but are unable to negotiate around.  I wish that I could provide a relevant reply, as I have an answer that may assist most frustrations and result in actual corrective action by HP, but it may contravene this forum's Rules of Participation.  I am truely sorry.  I can reply to private mails, but like observations by the NSA, I cannot guarantee that anything posted in this forum will remain for long.  JohnP

=================================
I am not employed by H-P & I do not look for kudos, just solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.