cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShalanaAF
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Will HP release a Android Based Flagship Phone, That we can alongside with our Laptops?

HP Recommended
Not Relevant

I know alotta Hp laptop users that are looking forward to seeing a good mobile device from HP, most likely Android based. I am also planning on renewing my electronic devices at home and i would like to have all the electronics under one brand to have a better Eco System usually same the brand connect and work more efficiently together in my experience. Before going for another Hp device i would like to know whether this is something that we look forward to with HP. Otherwise, i might as well go full Apple rather than use multiple brands which are not very compatible.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,953 2,888 392 1,257
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @ShalanaAF,

Yes, ecosystems are quite important in the tech world, I have to agree. That's why some people really like to purchase Apple products because everything can be synced and collectively used under 1 account. 

Microsoft tried to push out "Windows Phones" several years ago. They basically ran Windows 10 Mobile and ran Windows Store applications.

During this time HP rolled out their "HP Elite x3" which embraced Microsoft's Continuum, the ability to continue using a seamless Windows 10 experience across different modes and devices. The phone could be connected to the dock and used on an external monitor and connect to various peripherals. HP also released the HP Elite x3 Lap Dock which was basically a laptop frame and upon connecting to the Elite x3 would function as a laptop. HP Workspace also allowed application virtualization. 

Currently, Windows 10 offers to connect a phone through Settings although I don't exactly know how effective this is.

If you have an eligible Samsung device, you can also consider using the Samsung Flow application which I occasionally use which allows you to unlock the Windows PC through your phone, sync notifications and files, share a Wifi connection, etc. 

Anyhow, as you can see, Windows 10 Mobile is essentially dead right now. There isn't any further development planned, unfortunately.

Hope this helps,

Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation