Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to post an issue to the forum but when I am done, it tells me to correct the highlighted error and retry.  There are no highlighted areas anywhere.  What gives?

Jim Brent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jim,

Are you trying to insert an image by any chance?  Sometimes long image urls from a site like photobucket will trigger an error if there is a combination of letters that is blocked by the content filter.  You could try uploading the image directly to the forum by inserting it into your post, if this is the case.

Regards,

SunshineF

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sometimes this happens to me too. No highlight, but you can look at the position of the cursor just delete few characters around, retype them and resubmit. Could be some hidden charaters which cause the problem.  

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Just hit retry and see if this works.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have retyped the entire note, title and tags several times but get the same resut. 

Jim Brent
HP Recommended

Hi Jim,

Are you trying to insert an image by any chance?  Sometimes long image urls from a site like photobucket will trigger an error if there is a combination of letters that is blocked by the content filter.  You could try uploading the image directly to the forum by inserting it into your post, if this is the case.

Regards,

SunshineF

HP Recommended

Nothing worked so I logged out of the entire forum, shut down IE and started over.  This time it let me post.  Thanks for your help.

Jim Brent
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.