Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have installed the word starter 2010 fix from the previous post. When I try to open it the program telles me it cannot fix the program because a internet connection is needed. I am indeed connected to the internet otherwise I couldnt be posting this nor downloading the fix. I would love to have someone come into my system, have a look around and fix this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try

1. open the control panel
  2. choose programs & features
  3. right click on Microsoft Office Starter edition
  4. select change
  5. Say "yes" to repairing the app.

More options

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_other/microsoft-word-starter-...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

sorry baihen:

It tells me that there is no internet connection and the fix can not be run.  It says a quick fix was tried but could not fix it.

"The internet connection required for a complete repair of Microsoft Office Starter 2010-English could not be found, a quick fix was performed offline. If your problem persists , connect t the internet and retry repairin this product"

well as you can see I am connected to the internet. Now what?  I have tried system restore but only have a 3 day restore point. I used to have months of restore that I could go back to, now wat?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Other option: Reinstall it because Microsoft WON'T supply fix for Office Starter 2010 anymore.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.