Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My daughter has one of your ZV5000 notebooks. She has been very happy with it until the last few months when she started having charging issues. After investigation I found out that HP had a class action suit over this very problem. I called customer support and I emailed customer support trying to get HP to live up to it's obligation and fix it. I got no where and after several hours I gave up. She decided to get a new notebook. She bought a Compact Presario CQ50-130US from Staples. When she got it home she tried to connect to my wireless router and couldn't. We called technical support and spend the following 2 hours trying to get it to connect. I spoke to several techs none of which knew what they were talking about. They would read step by step from some try this if that doesn't work try this directions they must have. If that wasn't bad enough we constantly had to ask for it to be repeated because we couldn't understand them. They spoke English but with such heavy accents you couldn't understand what they were saying. The last tech was going to call Comcast my internet provider. I told him they provided the internet service not the router. He couldn't understand that. After keeping me on the phone for 15 minutes he came back to say he couldn't get threw and would call me back when he did. There customer service must be as good as yours is to get threw to. I got a call 24hrs later to ask if everything was alright. They never fixed the problem how could it be alright? By then she had decided to return the new one and buy a product other than HP or Compact. I would up fixing her old laptop something HP should have paid for but didn't. I have always trusted and respected the HP name. I am very sorry to see what it has become to stand for. Inferior products that you don't stand behind and customer and technical support that can't speak English and don't have a clue as to what they are doing. How sad! Do you think any of my family or friends will be buying an HP product?
15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended
I stopped going to doctors because they once mis-diagnosed me with having Chron's disease and had me taking the wrong medicine for 2 months....

😄
HP Recommended

i see all of your points

give up is not the solution

there is always a solutions

and to funbeades

should have a new external power supply

or a new battery and should have been supplied by HP

if neither of it work and  then your laptop may be defective

should have been exchange from HP   

the only problem is beyond to return to the store after the

return period is over does come to us at a inconvenience

and sometimes the remedy is not easy

but to advise get an extended protection warranty

and find out if the manufacture fail to live up their

warranty what cant this extended protection can do

and for Kalt

you should have seen another doc or a second opinion

Message Edited by rickp400 on 01-08-2009 02:05 PM
Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended
First off let me state that i know its not the techs fualt we have these problems but here goes: I have not 1 not 2 but 3 hp computers, 2 hp printers, and an hp camera. Now ive come to the point with one computer that i must wipe my hard drive clean, only problem is i never was provided with a copy of my operating system. So i call up the customer (no)service and am told because im no longer under warrenty i have to pay $59(mind you i dont have a technical issue) just for the honor of talking to a SENIOR tech, becuase apparently normal techs dont know how to place an order, just to tell the guy to give me the software i should have recieved from the beginning. Now i seriously doubt it will hurt the company but i was a die hard believer in the products and you have lost me for life. Im somewhat tech savvy, enough to build my own systems but liked these for the convience and what i thought was support. Never again will i come to this company. I rather pay extra for one who will not take my years of support for granted. Sorry about posting in this forum i know its supposed to be only for the forum feedback but ive yet to find out where hp takes complaints other than routing me to the same out source techs who for the record would not put me on the phone with their superiors, just to tell me no one can help me without me paying them more money.
HP Recommended

cmack123  perhaps this will help you>>>

Creating Recovery Disc Set in Vista:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00882383

HP System Recovery in Vista:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00814731

Creating Recovery Disc Set in XP:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph08097

HP System Recovery in Windows XP:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07145

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Well, CherylG, I have a related story and I'll try to keep it short; My Fiance purchased an HP laptop about a year and a half ago while I was overseas. Obviously, though she is incredibly smart, she doesn't know much about computers or she wouldn't have bought this junk. Anyhoo, fast forward to about a month or so ago- she's surfing for wedding stuff, hits a website in China and gets a major virus. Despite my best efforts, the only solution is a complete OS reinstall. It's over a year old and no longer under warranty, but no big deal, I build computers so I offer to fix it for her. So I ask her where her OS install disk is. She never got any disks! So right then I know this is gonna be fun. I bite my tongue and start checking for an alternate way to reinstall her OS. That's when I come upon the "HP recovery disk" option. I completely forgot about how long it took to clean out all the HP-installed CRAPWARE the first time she asked me to help with her computer. So anyways, I went the recovery CD route while she called HP to order the OS disks the laptop should have came with in the first place, which is a nightmare story unto itself and which to this day she still has not received. Anyways the recovery cd does exactly what it says. It restores the laptops operating environment to the same condition as the day she bought it. Which is to say COMPLETELY LOADED WITH CRAPWARE!!! So after another failure (ATI driver issue this time), I sit here after reinstalling her OS again from the wonderful "HP recovery disks" again and can tell you this; It took about an hour to reinstall the OS and it's taken me the last 2 HOURS using PC-decrapifier and manually deleting and uninstalling stuff to get all the shovelware off of her computer again. PC-decrapifier itself removed DOZENS OF ENTRIES!!! My point is this; send the bloody OS disks with the computers or don't sell the computer. Period. If an OS disk gets missed, send it out when your customers call and request it. THE RECOVERY DISK OPTION IS AN AGGRAVATING, USELESS JOKE. Needless to say, she knows better than to buy anything from HP again, after hearing me curse and swear for the last three hours in complete frustration. In short, cherylG, your suggestion WON'T HELP ANYONE.
HP Recommended
My moto is BUY CHEAPEST AND THROUGH AWAY!!

Nobody stands by their warranties!!
TECH SUPPORT is nothing more than people reading the same stuff tu can get in te Internet for help.
They even read this SAME FORUM as help desk!!
MSN ID: chez.joe
HP Recommended
well, this IS a means of finding a resolution for some issues. so why SHOULDNT they read this forum? i can assure you that there are people who are not just reading stuff off a book or a document. in fact, that is the biggest cliche's that exists today.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended
I guess you don't get the POINT?.... They are supposed to have answers and HELP!!
I was told to do this and that, yet none of the options existed,
Obvious the techi was reading the wrong issue.
MSN ID: chez.joe
HP Recommended
As much as you expect tech support to know ALL the answers, i strongly believe nobody and nothing is perfect. and i;m just gonna leave it at that. i dont want to start another useless flamewar.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.