Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am just writing to feedback to everyone about my poor predicament so hopefully no one ends up like me or maybe HP may listen.

On 18 Mar 2011, I order a DV6 via phone was told that delivery is 2 weeks. Payment was made immediately via Credit Card and I happily waited. Actually I had ordered another model but was told out of stock and there was stock for DV6, so I opted for DV6.

3 days later, I got a call saying my laptop am to be delivered on Fri 25 Mar. I waited on that day and cancelled my evening appointments. To my anguish, they just deliver a laptop bag.

The next Mon, I called HP. No reply. Finally email the same Customer Executive, he had to find out why. Few days later, HP told me that my Shipment is pending clearance of custom. (which I dont understand why they had to send a laptop bag?)  I am quite dumbfounded to receive a laptop bag only which they could have sent together?

BY 01 Apr, there was no delivery still (2 weeks is up)

I called HP, the sales executive line is engaged the whole day... then I had to email them..

I got an reply to tell me that 2 weeks is from the time of my credit card payment which is proces on 25 Mar.. OMG, why does HP takes 7 days to process the credit card payment?

Then the next thing is, I got a reply, that my credit card payment was actually process on 21 Mar, they got it wrong and my shipment should be in in a few days.. (I dont think they bother to get the correct info before emailing me)

At this point, I ask them, why did they tell me there's stock?

HP reply was - when we reply to Clients we have stock, means we have parts in our oversea factory and we will assemble them there and send it over. I am like wondering, then why tell me there's no stock for another model to get me to buy this one? It doesnt make sense as you can assemble the earlier model I want?

The best part is another HP reply. Rem previously they say delivery 2 weeks. then  they say 2 weeks from credit payment processing date. NOW they say 2 weeks means 14 working days and that does not include Sat Sun and Public Holiday. Zzzzz

Till now, HP does not bother to followup on my delivery. They just told me again that the delivery guys will call on Thur (07/04) or Fri (08/04) as my ship will arrive in the week (04-08/04). Till todate, no one calls.

I ask HP for a confirm date of delivery (by the way I asked like more than 3 times and they CANNOT GIVE. Can you imagine, a big company like HP cannot even give a delivery date for an item purchased on 18/03 and its not a rare item or difficult item. Its just a laptop they sell.. And notice the inconsistency in the reasons for delivery or payment.

Anyway, the sale executive didnt even call me back after my last call which I told him I want to cancel my order if he cant contact me back with a firm date. No calls no followup, only emails from another logistic guy who keep telling me item pending this, pending that.. and no further follow ups also from him. Just delivery guys will call u Thur or Fri.

I am deeply disturbed and I wonder if I can trust HP again. In my personal opinion, it  reflects very badly of HP, not very customer orientated.

I urge everyone to read my story and gauge for yourself or maybe not to fall into a similar predicament. Dont be like me, pay up for a DV6 laptop and ends up with a laptop bag and no firm dates on delivery after 3 weeks...

Thank you for reading.

Dave (Singapore)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In my personal experience, this can happen to any manufacturer or any brand 😉 I think the main reason why sales rep couldnt give you an estimated date is most probably because of this reason .

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.