Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi there,

i read that an HP account can't be deleted, wich i think is kinda dumb.

as everyone can see yout location and name.

i demend that my account gets deleted! or that i can change all my settings, such as name and location settings.

Greetings

-Nino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I understand.. but I have to say I never seen a deleted account.. Anyways, no one better than an employee to confirm this or not. 

You can go to a moderator profile page and look for  "Send private message" button. It's located at the right side of the page, below the "Contact me" section. Then you ask for him to delete your account and see what he can do for you. 

🙂

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey Nino, 

Dont' worry - I don't think your private information is displayed for everyone.. At least I don't see anything.. When I open your profile page, it displays only your forum name, avatar, date registered and messages you post or give kudos. 

So I guess the only people who can see your private information are the HP employees..

By reading the HP site's Terms of Use, you agree that they'll own your information - but they also have the responsibility to maintain this in their hands only.. 

If you take a look at the Rules of Participation for this forum,  they try to protect your privacy, for example:

"4.  Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publically, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer."

Anyways, you can ask for a moderator's help and he can explain better.. 

🙂 

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk
HP Recommended

oh well thats a relieve, but i would still like to get it deleted if posible.

do you have an email of the moderaters or something like that?

Greetings

-Nino

HP Recommended

I understand.. but I have to say I never seen a deleted account.. Anyways, no one better than an employee to confirm this or not. 

You can go to a moderator profile page and look for  "Send private message" button. It's located at the right side of the page, below the "Contact me" section. Then you ask for him to delete your account and see what he can do for you. 

🙂

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk
HP Recommended

hey thanks for the help, gona try that.

HP Recommended

Anytime, buddy 🙂 

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.