Did you mean: 
zengirl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

all in one 4620 questions

HP Recommended

Hello,,

I have had the same set of issues with my 4620 since day one. During the time that it was under warranty, I was unfortunately overwhelmed with some personal events and never had time to pursue replacement and/or repair.

From reading the posts, it seems that a lot of other people have had the same issues as I, and some seemed to have fixed the issues....but not being as tech savvy as some, I can't figure out how to proceed.

Unfortunately, that whole category of posts is now marked as "read-only" so I can't ask for clarification.

At this point I have had a printer for 3-4 years, through 3 different residences and 3 different routers/different networks, with the same issues. Therefore I have a low degree of confidence that my router(s) or my electrical power outlets are the issue. I have to consistently unplug and replug the printer, and it doesn't seem to want to maintain a wireless connection either, so I am tethered via a USB cord.

As for why I don't replace it outright, I have considered that, but am conscious of the environmental waste produced by electronics, so I don't want to replace it as long as there is some life left.

I am very disappointed in HP for not being more in tune to what apparently are long-standing, known issues.  When I eventually do need to replace the printer, I likely won't buy another HP product unless I can get this solved. What a pain!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
YTJoe
Level 2
8 5 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, although I don't have the issues described and I am using a complete different printer, I am on the same page. Never ever a HP product again unless I can get a decent solution. My printer is a laser printer nad has just a piece of paper stuck in it, which I cannot remove. It feels to be an utter waste to discard a laser printer with 4 toner cartridges worth over $400 just because I cannot remove one sheet of paper ........

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation