Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

WHERE can I go to ask a question about a term I don't understand?  I can't tell if my issue is covered by any of the dropdown menus because I don't understand what a lot of those topics mean.  I really wish you would provide REAL support instead of making us fit into one of your boxes!  You know, sometimes issues just don't tie up with pretty little bows!  Especially when we don't know what is wrong in the first place.  I'm confused and grumpy and I need help.  All HP does is send me to another screen that I don't understand or that my issue doesn't fit.  Please, think about your non-techie users!  "Users" being the operative word here. 

That being said, I'm trying to find out why my HP Officejet Pro 8610 all-in-one continues to go offline.  I'm in Devices and Printers, Control Panel with this problem printer highlighted.  There was something about syncing, but I don't understand it enough to explain it.  THAT's why I need a place to ask that type of question.  Like a "What does xxxxx mean? section.

There is also a section that indicates if I click on it, I will be directed  to all-in-one Remote app.  to check printer status, etc.  I click on that and the screen turns baby-blue with white lettering AiO - and NOTHING ELSE.  WHAT is aio?  See, a Good Support Site would explain that.  Remember, not all of your users are technically oriented.  I'm just glad I know how to turn the darn thing on!   Oh, well, I clicked on it.  It tells me my printer is offline (hummm, that's helpful!  That's why I'm going through this drill in the first place) and to check the connection and status.  Well, duh!  HOW do I do that?  Not a lot of help there!  Do you see why I'm confused and grumpy?

If this post is going out to a Community Forum (see, another thing that's not clear), please, please do not respond with good intentions!  Or questions like, is your printer plugged in? Please,  ONLY respond  if you have FIXED a problem with MY type of printer and a Windows 8.1 computer.  Don't get me wrongl.  I appreciate those with good intentions, but they really don't help!  Now that I've probably insulted a good part of the HP community, I will close - with thanks to those who will respond with an actual solution.  Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.