Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello

I forgot my password to logon. I requested a new one, but for some reasons I could not longer login with my user id. I had to use my e-mail address.

Does somebody know how to set my user_id ?

Gijs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I already found the answer on my question. You have to go to the HP passport. There you can change teh user_id

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I already found the answer on my question. You have to go to the HP passport. There you can change teh user_id

HP Recommended

I would like to change my User ID.  It's currently Pilgrim_of_HP.  What in the world was I thinking?

Anyway, I saw one person's solution was to go to HP Passport and change it there.  I am not an HP employee, nor do I have an HP Sponsor needed to gain access to HP Passport.  Besides, I don't think I need access to HP Passport. I'm guessing it's not for consumer customers.

So, I'm back to square one - How do I change my User ID?

Thanks.

Using an HP HPE h8-1360t PC, HP w2007 monitor, Win 7, and I am thankful!
HP Recommended

Hi Pilgrim_of_HP, if you'd like to change your username, feel free to send a PM to any moderator and they can help you out!

HP Passport is part of the signup process when you joined the community here so you have access to it and don't need any special permissions!  You can always access your HP Passport settings by going to My Community (right hand side of the screen on your user profile or most forum pages) and picking Resources & Settings.

Hope this was of help!

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.