Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have no Idea who reads these posts, but I needed to vent and make a comment about an HP laptop I bought one year ago or so. The product was an HP Pavilion 9000 series.  When I first purchased this laptop I thought it was the best computer I have ever owned.  I spent a lot of money and at the time and I thought I got every dollars worth from it. Six and half weeks ago the computer screen flashed bright and then faded to black; I could no longer receive a picture when the computer was turned on. I had purchased an extra warranty and bought the computer into the place where I purchased it. They said they had never seen something like that and sent it off to HP. I waited patiently for six weeks just to get a call saying that they could fix the problem but it would cost me over $700 hundred dollars to fix. I told the women that shouldn’t my warranty cover the problem. She stated that the problem was because fluid was spilled onto the laptop and the warranty does not cover water damage; she even rudely commented “they have pictures to prove it”. For one, I have never spilled anything on this computed; silly or not, this was my baby…lol. Not only did I treat this piece of electronic as the Holy Grail, I would not let anyone use it because I was afraid of anything happening to it. How can it have water damage when no drop of anything has ever been near it? I am highly disappointed and sadden that a company would lie to make more money. In an economic time like this one, the last thing a company wants to do is upset their customers.  As much as I loved that computer I will not pay the money they are asking for. I will now purchase another laptop from another honest company. I know my withholding from buying another computer from HP will not make a dent, but I will not recommend HP to anyone. I work for a leading hospital in the Easy Valley Phoenix area of Arizona, and since I am on the technology committee I will definitely share my experience about this deceitful company with everyone.   

A very disappointed costumer

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

This is area of the forum is for suggestions in reguards to the forum itself. If you have any suggestions for HP, please refer to the "Contact HP" link of www.hp.com .

worked with HP employee for 2 years. Freelance tech support for 11 years.
HP Recommended

That's real nice except HP doesn't give two rips about listening to customers. I just spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone and spoke to (literally) 14 different people. They were trying to transfer my call to the department that handles Canadian shipment status. 14 different people! Each one of them telling I was being forwarded to the correct department, yet they kept sending me around in circles between the US tech support and US shipment status people. I started to explain to them that there was something seriously wrong with their support system but none of them would listen. The one guy that did try to take my concern to his level 2 tech, left me on hold for 10 minutes just to come back and tell me all he could do was transfer me again.

HP has some serious issues. They need to have their management level personnel do test runs through their crappy support system so they can see how bad it is.

Absolutely pathetic. Now I come to the forums and the only support here is for the forums themselves. The forums should be here to support customers who need help.

HP Recommended
Disaapointed customer, I posted a message this morning ( Showing Support ) Sorry to have not mentioned you by name. Just letting you know that while HP dosn't want to hear it, someone is listening
HP Recommended

@Dakk wrote:

That's real nice except HP doesn't give two rips about listening to customers. I just spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone and spoke to (literally) 14 different people. They were trying to transfer my call to the department that handles Canadian shipment status. 14 different people! Each one of them telling I was being forwarded to the correct department, yet they kept sending me around in circles between the US tech support and US shipment status people. I started to explain to them that there was something seriously wrong with their support system but none of them would listen. The one guy that did try to take my concern to his level 2 tech, left me on hold for 10 minutes just to come back and tell me all he could do was transfer me again.

HP has some serious issues. They need to have their management level personnel do test runs through their crappy support system so they can see how bad it is.

Absolutely pathetic. Now I come to the forums and the only support here is for the forums themselves. The forums should be here to support customers who need help.

We are here to help people. However, nobody in this message board will be able to assist you with this kind of issue. Please use the suggestion that I posted above as this is a user to user message board that responds to technical issues and this is a suggestion forum just for the forum itself, not HP.
worked with HP employee for 2 years. Freelance tech support for 11 years.
HP Recommended

i know HP should take care their customeers

but it is worth a few extra buck, knowing the economic

depression we are in, is to have an insurance with the

delivery carrier in case something happens

sometime some stuff might get shipped

at the fault of the carrier which can render

us powerless to the Tech Repair dept

and for the HP Tech to lie is against the HP Policy

and the Tech personnel should be disciplined

but that can be a problem with proof

and take note of the refusal of care and like

who or what dept or tech # or ticket #

and send the complaint to the dept

if HP Adminstrator is seeing the same

tech personnel which we wont know

but the HP Adminstrator

is not doing the job that it will be taken

care of  but for us we are at a loss

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.