Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I made a critical error some time ago, I called HP support. What I should have done is run screaming back to the place I bought this photosmart printer from. I am a direction follower, so when my new out of box printer didnt work I called HP support like the leaflet said to do. then iI was given the runaround so long I passed the 30 day return policy of the place of purchase. My printer did not work day one. HP support said it was a faulty printhead and they would replace it immediately. 10 days later I received a printhead for a different model of printer that would not work with the one I purchased. So I call HP support back (2nd call) and they direct me to send the printhead back and they will replace it. 10 days later I get the correct printhead. The new printhead does not correct the issue. So I call HP support (3rd call) they say they want me to try a few things and we cant seem to get it up and running. I ask if they will replace it. HP support says they will call me back in 24 hours with a resolution. HP did not call me back. I call 3 days later, and HP support (4th call) has no idea what I am talking about. So I go through all the filling questions and we start troubleshooting again, with no success. I am told HP support will call me back in 24 hours with a resolution. HP support did not call me back. I call back in 2 days (5th call) and this time i ask for a case number because they have no idea what I am talking about. I go throught the same battery of questions, so they can make a proper report. they say they will call me back and I said no. I said i will stay on hold for as long as it takes to talk to a supervisor. After about 55 minutes on hold I am told that they will replace the printer. all is going to be taken care of. Seems like this is when my story would end, NOT SO. 8 days later I receive a HP printer in the mail. Its just like the one I bought with one small exception   ITS REFURBISHED!!!!   if I wanted a used HP printer I would have bought one. INSTEAD I wanted a new one. So I call HP support back( 6th call) this time i am furious. All i want is a new printer like the one I bought. they offer me a new printer of a lesser product line, I said no. they offered me a different refurbished printer of my model. I said no. they said they would call me back within 24 hours. THAT WAS 3 DAYS AGO. HP SUPPORT HAS NEVER CALLED ME ONCE. To summarize: HP products have almost always been great for me, I will continue to buy HP products, If I ever have a problem again I will simply return it to the place of purchase for an even swap. DO NOT EVER call HP support. they will string you along until you roll over and die! If anyone from HP or anyone at all reads this, please respond.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.