Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

forums suck! why cant hp have these "experts" talking and working on comps remotely for free?  they certainly can afford it, going by the cost of their products!  are people supposed to put their lives on hold to research page after page of information for days on end?  and with most of the info i see,  you have to be a comp genious just to read and understand it.  i guess ill have this in mind when i get my next comp, and make sure there is live support at no cost!   thanks for throwing us under the bus hp.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LarryFranklin

To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop???

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

The OS you are using and a description of the problem you are having.

REO

HP Recommended

hp pavilion g62235us notebook pc model#C2N5OUA,  win8 o/s.   originally having, and still having trouble with win update not updating...err msgs  8024A000, 80070BC9, OX800700C1...got a winupdate fix tool, said all was fixed, reset, and failure to config reverting msg.   let msn, multi times remote attempts, not fixed.  they tried to upgrade to 8.1, said it should fix itself, didnt complete d/l, reverted back.  im still dealing with them.  came to hp d/l hp hardware diagnostic UEFI, ran quick test on ststem, comp shuts off.  now im here. oh, even did a clean boot,  restart,  failure to config...i have no idea whats going on!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.