Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

Can anyone please help. How do i get the reference bit for essays on windows 7. I know it's on word but that's as much as i know.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above:

Click Start,

Click All Prongrams,

Click Microsoft Office Starter,

Double click Word.

Good luck

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

At least 3 versions on Word are being used, which is your version ? Probably you are talking about this 'bit":

For Word 2003:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/inserting-cross-references-HA001186680.aspx

For Word 2007 (also 2010):

http://www.fgcu.edu/support/office2007/word/references.asp

Good luck.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Can someone please help i have a pavilion g6 1325sa and ive got two really stupid questions how do i get on word i can only find word pad and 2. how do i get the reference on it for essays.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you pay for the product ? If Yes, please use this:

Click Start,

Click All Programs

Locate Microsoft Office & click it, Word should be in there

Double click Word to open it.

Your machine may have Office starter, Word is in there too.

Regards. 

BH

HP Recommended

i have no idea i cant even find word i can only find word pad im such a dumb dumb when it comes to these things

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you find "Microsoft Office .... " when click "All Programs" ? If Yes, Word should be in there, if No, I can't help. You have to buy the product or use different software such as this (free):

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

dean you are so healpful ive installed office starter what do i do now. I hate computers

HP Recommended

o god sorry thats not you name but you are really helpful

HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above:

Click Start,

Click All Prongrams,

Click Microsoft Office Starter,

Double click Word.

Good luck

BH

HP Recommended
thank you so much i think i can finally start my essay. Thank you for all your help it's been fantastic
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.