09-11-2019 03:43 PM
When I hover over the battery icon, it only shows the percentage and I can't find any toggle to enable battery time remaining. Is there any way to enable it?
09-14-2019 04:48 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
After the Creators Update released in October of 2018, you can no longer see the estimated remaining battery time in Windows 10. If you hover over the battery icon on your screen, you will see a percentage indicating your computer’s battery life — but not a time.
You may try editing the registry -
1) In the search box, type “regedit” to open the Registry Editor.
2) Navigate to the following address or type it into the address bar:
3) Here, you will need to delete several entries: namely EnergyEstimationDisabled and UserBatteryDischargeEstimator .
4) Right-click the UserBatteryDischargeEstimator value in the right pane and click Delete. Press Yes to confirm.
5) Repeat the same steps for the EnergyEstimationDisabled value.
6) Next, in the left pane, right-click the Power key and navigate to New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
7) Give the new value a name: EnergyEstimationEnabled.
😎 Double-click the new value and check if the “Value Data” field is set to 1. Press OK to confirm.
Note - Please back-up the registry, before attempting the above steps. Refer to this document for steps - HP PCs - Backing Up, Editing, and Restoring the Windows Registry (Windows 10, 😎
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee