Did you mean: 
honeycat1
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to post

Hello,

I am new to this site and want to post a comment on an existing topic but don't know how?

Guess this is a new post here but want to know how to add to existing discussion, I did it yesterday but now can't work out how

Can someone help with these basics please

3 REPLIES 3
pmgravy
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to post

I've stumbled around this forum for a few days now and everyone seems more interested in how to gain in prestige rather than the basics.  I may be stupid or senile but I am still trying to participate in learning how to use this forum, either for my own needs or to try & help others.  Sorry I haven't done the latter in your case but sometimes it just helps to co-miserate!!  How 's that for a word? Anyway maybe  I'll get some help or Flack from someone that will help, to point me, in the right direction.  It seems I and quite a few others aren't as familiar with present day technological  advances as the everyday  community users.  For me, it has been about fifteen years since I was active in a forum.  That is a lifetime, or several lifetimes, for technology.   Anyway I am trying to update my knowledge base to meet the  existing level, so maybe we can both benefit from this existing gathering of knowledge.  I will try to communicate any progress I make and ask that you do the same.

0 Kudos
Level 15
16,148 14,909 1,029 2,048
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to post

@pmgravy 

Dude, I've been around these boards for over 15 years... Started with Palm.com devices!  Before that, I was involved with apple //e computers...

I feel your pain.  We "progenitors" of this "high-tech" generation have no idea what it was like back "in the olden days" of dial-up modems, and 1200 baud limits...

Your post however, is in the area to offer "improvements to the Forum", aka Bug reports.  If you ever want to chat, contact me via PM in this Forum.  (Look for the tiny envelope icon in the top right corner)...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
pmgravy
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to post

Thanks for your reply. I respect your volunteering and your "over15 years of" participation but my name is not "Dude" and any respect you've earned by your years of participation in this forum is lessened  by your use of the term "Dude", in my humble opinion. 

I was attempting to find some guidance on how to use the forum, and did not mean to "dis" anyone.  That is why my post reply was in the "community feedback".  If I've offended you or anyone, I would like to apologize  When I did a search on "how to post" it came back with the message I replied to.  By the way, how do I get to the "improvements to the Forum" section? I have not seen any links to it.

I have flagged some messages as "good info for new members"

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation