Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knurlyn
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp support assistant

HP Recommended

Is it possible that HP employs even one living person who can address a problem with HP Support Assistant?

Two exclamation points (!!) are and have been superimposed over the HP Support Assistant question mark (?).  Clicking on them yesterday resulted in an hours-long scan which had no resultand they did not go away.  Today, they react not at all.  I have spent the last hour running in circles on the HP Support website and am ready to trash all HP products just to escape HP Support Assistant.

By the way, deleting, uninstalling, erasing have no lasting impact on HP Support Assistant.  While it may go away for the moment, the next reboot or scan of the computer revives it to bedevil me.

HELP PLEASE!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis_Handly
Level 7
1,515 1,503 30 63
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the !! because I haven't done what it wanted to solve the alert.  Right now it is gone but I expect it back shortly.

0 Kudos
knurlyn
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback and comiseration.  The "!!" went away when an update crashed the entire system, then they returned yesterday.  Of all things, they are gone today.  I would prefer to just elliminate HP Support Assistant altogether, but this has never worked in the past.  Besides, when I got my new printer, it came with X months of free "automatic ink replacement."  Six + months and they haven't gotten anything right yet, so free is no bargain! 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation