Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi,  I have purchased a CQ40 144 TU from laptop shop on 31st December. I purchased 3 units together. Out of these one unit has abnormal noise from optical drive. This noise comes as crackling when the unit boots up for the from shutdown option. It comes eight times within close to 20 seconds each with length of 1 to 2 seconds. There is no sound from any other units during boot up process.  I checked thorouly with other units there as no sound at all from the other two so I went to Laptop shop for replacement on 10th as it in replacement warranty they asked me contact authorized service centre at Indiranagar I went there the technicians conformed that there is fault when asked for replacement they said I need to come on Monday as it was Saturday no Manager works.  I could not make it there on Monday So I went On Tuesday I met Mr. Venkatesh who said he is service manager at Indiranagar. To my surprise he said there is no problem at all it is normal I asked him to show the me the noise from any units for 8 times which he could not, but  he was reluctanant and was talking about pricing to service center which to me is irrelevant.  he stated that people at  knows very little how the service centre works and that's the reason might be you are here. I felt it was sarcastic comment. He said I will not give you replacement and do what ever you want to do. He then took my email id and said he will send me a mail regarding the replacement wii not be given but till today I have not received any mail from him. However I received a message from service centre stating that I asked for AC adapter then yesterday I received a call regarding that my ac adapter is ready and I can collect it. This is Ridiculous. I tried 080 25041020 which no one picks up to speak with when dialed on various times of working hours. To my surprise I have not received any email from Mr Venkatesan so far when I met him on 13th January. So I once again visited the Service  centre and asked the reason why I have not received any email or call from anyone they said no matter what we need to first request for replacement of optical drive then only the ticket will be logged. Gosh it is too much to believe. I feel its an harassment and a mental torture for me.   If I want replacement as this is manufacturing defect and I have done the ground work before approaching to you. I am not willing to go to Consumer court and this published as cheating. Being associated with hp for past 3 years I am surprised to know that there is partiality in the service offered in US and in India. Regards 
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Sorry to hear of your problems,but this is a peer to peer forum.You might try contacting HP HERE..

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tried contacting through mail , phone , Service centre and all in vain. I wrote complaints twice online and to my surprise no one seems to be taking ownership of the issue. No one from HP contacted me on this. Instead I contacted twice and they were unable to put me across supervisor or Case manager or someone in higher authority .

I thought I will have some solution from you as I am tired with HP-india service. Still if someone is willing to provide me better option pl let me know.

Regards

Message Edited by SandyD on 02-01-2009 11:55 PM
HP Recommended

Please see my private message to you

Thanks!

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

I had them not listen, give me seven or 8 transfers, lie and just generally be decietful, here is what I did this si my letter to the Better Buisness Bureau and my resolution I expect!-

I called to have a Visa charge removed and a Recovery disc order cancelled talked to 5 people was told it was done then recieved an Email confirmation that I will be billed. Called again was switched between 5 different people they dropped the call 2 times I redialed and they didnt listen to what I was saying after 3 people I was finally told it was done it took me 5 minutes to order it and 4 1/2 hours to cancel it.Still not sure its complete service case# (Removed for privacy reasons)
Your Desired Resolution:
$15.78 back on my Visa An apology from a Supervisor or high administer sent to me in the mail. I was aggrivated beyond compare to any way I have been misled/rerouted told wrong information and just blatently disregarded in the past, by any other phone tech. or service industry ever in my life!They should be ashamed of the company they are trying to run,Horrendous service!

Message Edited by SandyD on 03-19-2009 12:10 PM
HP Recommended
Please remove that service ticket number for privacy reasons, admins. Thank you.
worked with HP employee for 2 years. Freelance tech support for 11 years.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.