Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a problem with the Fora here on this website.   When I want to reply to a post here, I click the Reply button, and I get a window in which to type.   Every time the window comes up with the following text:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 10.13.57 AM.png

I cannot get rid of this sentence.  When I place my cursor anywhere within that sentence, the website inserts my text without deleting that sentence.   I get two texts in the same line.   Reading either is very difficult.

This procedure is different from posting an initial message.  When I opened this window in which I am typing right now, the text that was there went away as soon as I started typing.  But it does not in every Reply window.

I kind-of doubt that I am doing anything wrong myself.   Can anyone do anything about this text that does not go away?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

>  But it does not in every Reply window.

As soon as I clicked in the window to reply, it disappeared.  (I'm using Firefox.)

HP Recommended

This bug has been reported to our HP/lithium contacts before.

I've been seeing it lately when using an Android tablet and Chrome browser.

As mentioned, it seems to come and go randomly.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I am in Safari, and I am typing over this intrusive text as I type.  If there are any typographraical errors in my post here, it is because I cannot see what I am typing.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.