Did you mean: 
RGilpin
Level 3
50 37 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

intrusive text in Reply window

HP Recommended

I have a problem with the Fora here on this website.   When I want to reply to a post here, I click the Reply button, and I get a window in which to type.   Every time the window comes up with the following text:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 10.13.57 AM.png

I cannot get rid of this sentence.  When I place my cursor anywhere within that sentence, the website inserts my text without deleting that sentence.   I get two texts in the same line.   Reading either is very difficult.

This procedure is different from posting an initial message.  When I opened this window in which I am typing right now, the text that was there went away as soon as I started typing.  But it does not in every Reply window.

I kind-of doubt that I am doing anything wrong myself.   Can anyone do anything about this text that does not go away?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis_Handly
Level 7
1,515 1,503 30 63
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>  But it does not in every Reply window.

As soon as I clicked in the window to reply, it disappeared.  (I'm using Firefox.)

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
16,239 14,998 1,038 2,096
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This bug has been reported to our HP/lithium contacts before.

I've been seeing it lately when using an Android tablet and Chrome browser.

As mentioned, it seems to come and go randomly.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
RGilpin
Author
Level 3
50 37 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am in Safari, and I am typing over this intrusive text as I type.  If there are any typographraical errors in my post here, it is because I cannot see what I am typing.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation