Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a 22vc hp monitor.  When I turn it on it show a a square box at the top of the screen that is headed with "monitor status" all lit up with colors.  How do I eliminate it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @IraGr,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are getting monitor status box on power up of the display.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Has it always had that status box appear or has it more recently appeared?

Referring to the User Guide, which unfortunately does not give any details as to the menu options try using the "Menu" button on the display to get to the On Screen display menu. If the issue recently started then try a factory reset, which should bean option as you scroll down through the menu options.  If not try searching through the menus and see if you see the options "Mode Display" and "Mode Status". Select "Mode Display" to turn on or off the power on status display. You can use the "Mode Status" option to select the location of the status message.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

This started recently.

When I get to the on screen display menu, it won't let me click on factory reset or any of the items in the menu list.

adithonal comments?

HP Recommended

Normally, when you highlight an option you use the Menu button again as a select, or the OK button to go into the option or sub menu. The screen often displays the buttons to use for different functions.

Before trying the Factory reset you can look for those other options I mentioned, as they may be the only ones you need to change.

Let me know if that helps at all.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.