Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Contacted HP yesterday connected with virtual assistant.  she advised me to call 470-428-9632 to connect with HP tech support directly.  This number is not listed anywhere,. Plus the call back number i was given, from him, also not listed, 844-312-2225.  I am concerned fraud may be involved and I unfortunately made bad decisions during the call.  (embarrassing) . Does this seem legitimate to anyone?  Nowhere to contact HP directly, today is saturday, this happened less than 24 hours ago. unable to sleep.  Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, those numbers do not seem legit to me.

Because of scammers posting non-HP phone numbers on this forum, we aren't allowed to post the numbers to HP anymore directly.

But the legitimate HP toll free number to call in the United States and Canada is the first one listed at the top of the link below in large type.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=hp+toll+free+number&form=PRUSEN&pc=EUPP_&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1...

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply- so i don't understand how its possible to communicate on chat with a rep that gave me fraudulent number. How can i trust HP website chat in future? how can I track her down and hold her accountable?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

How do you know you contacted a HP rep in the first place?

I just called the first number you posted, and it was definitely not HP support.

When a person answered and identified himself, I hung up and they immediately tried to call me back.  I did not answer.

Since I don't work for, or represent HP, I can't help you any further than I already have by providing an actual phone number for HP and personally verifying the number you called was not for HP.

You may want to contact the HP executive team at the link below...though I have no idea what they will be able to do.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul- i contacted executive offices.  I ASSUMED the number was legitimate as i got from chat rep directly on HP site.

I'll post if anything resolves.

But thank you so much for at least taking time to try to help.  Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You must have had an uneasy feeling about what was happening or you wouldn't have posted your concerns here.

Bear in mind that whoever this company is may not be scammers, per se.

To me you've been scammed if you don't get a service/product you paid for.

Whoever these folks are, may be legitimate 3rd party PC/Printer support places where you pay to get something fixed.

if they claim to be HP, then that's plain wrong, but if they claim they can fix HP printers or PC's and do so, then that really isn't a scam.

If your PC or printer is out of warranty, you would have been charged by HP to even talk to a support person regarding a problem after the initial introductions were made.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.