Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

everything on my printer software says that printer is connected, when I try to print a document I get the erroe message  "This document failed to print"....then I get a pop up that says "The connection between your PC and your photosmart printer has been lost.

What is interesting is that the printer starts to print but only prints one page so I come to the conclusion that the PC is talking and connected to the  Photosmart 1115 printer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @warloop,

I will certainly do my best to help you with the printing issue you are having. I am going to ask that you please let me know some more helpful information to help me research the problem for you.

Please tell me the information below, and if there are any steps you have not tried, try them before responding.

1. Which printer model do you have (Photosmart 1115 or Deskjet Ink Advantage 1115)?
  2. How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)?
  3. What is the Operating System of the computer?
  4. Have you tested hardware functionality (made copies) and do they work successfully?
  5. Have you tried printing from different programs?
  6. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
  7. What Firewalls and Anti-virus software are installed?
  8. Have you tried disabling or uninstalling them?
  9. If you're running Windows, run the Print and Scan Doctor and include the results.
  10. Did you make any recent changes to your set up (physical move, upgrade, downgrade, new software installed, new router, etc)?
  11. Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet (avoiding power bars and surge protectors)?
  12. Have you completed all Windows/Mac OS Updates?
  13. Have you tried using a different USB/Ethernet cable?

Thank you Smiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the reply. I did some more tech on my printer problem.  Every thing says  ready  to print.

As per my original post I looked at the ports config.

I have two choices for this printer that is USB connected with a cable

USB virtual printer port to  HP Photosmart  1115 series

Dot  photosmart 1115

if I attempt to configure either of these ports I get the error message " an error occurred during port configuration, this operation is not supported"

I suspect that this is why I have not connectivity  to the printer.

How do I overcome these errors  for the port choice and which pot should I use?

HP Recommended

Hi warloop,

I understand you are connecting your Photosmart 1115 to your computer via USB connection, and are seeing a port error. Try using a different USB cable, and try plugging the printer into the computer using a different USB port on the computer. If you are using a desktop computer, you must use the ports in the back of the tower and not in the front.

Let me know what happens.

If there are still issues, I would still need some more information. Please let me know the answers to the remaining questions I asked previously and try the troubleshooting steps I suggested and include the results please.

1. Which printer model do you have (Photosmart 1115 or Deskjet Ink Advantage 1115)?
  2. How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)?
  3. What is the Operating System of the computer?
  4. Have you tested hardware functionality (made copies) and do they work successfully?
  5. Have you tried printing from different programs?
  6. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
  7. What Firewalls and Anti-virus software are installed?
  8. Have you tried disabling or uninstalling them?
  9. If you're running Windows, run the Print and Scan Doctor and include the results.
  10. Did you make any recent changes to your set up (physical move, upgrade, downgrade, new software installed, new router, etc)?
  11. Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet (avoiding power bars and surge protectors)?
  12. Have you completed all Windows/Mac OS Updates?
  13. Have you tried using a different USB/Ethernet cable?

Good luck, I hope we can reach a solution!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.