Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What do "STUDENT", "HONOR STUDENT" mean on/near our onscreen name on this forum?  Just curious! :LaughingTears:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi yowsa,

It's the ranking system in our Forums.

We use an academic theme for the ranking structure in our community. 

You rank is right by your Forum name in your posts.

Ranks represent the contribution that a member has made to the community.  As you spend more time on the Forum, engage in positive conversations, and help other members, you will move up in rank.  

No Icon:Visitor

rank00.pngStudent

rank01.pngHonor Student

rank02.pngTop Student

rank03.pngTutor

rank04.pngIntern

rank05.pngTeacher

rank06.pngGrad Student

rank07.pngMaster’s Graduate

rank08.pngPhD Student

rank09.pngAssociate Professor

rank10.pngProfessor

rank11.pngDistinguished Professor

rank12.pngRegents Professor

rank13.pngAssociate Dean

rank14.pngDean

rank15.pngProvost

In addition to ranks, you will see   icons and   icons by some members Forum names.  If they have an  icon by their Forum name, they work for HP. If they have an   icon by their Forum name, they are people that we feel are very knowledgeable but don’t work for HP.

Welcome to our support community!

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

They're rankings designating your level of participation in the forum. I don't see a list of the rankings anywhere, but I guess you'll find what's next eventually!

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -
HP Recommended

Hi yowsa,

It's the ranking system in our Forums.

We use an academic theme for the ranking structure in our community. 

You rank is right by your Forum name in your posts.

Ranks represent the contribution that a member has made to the community.  As you spend more time on the Forum, engage in positive conversations, and help other members, you will move up in rank.  

No Icon:Visitor

rank00.pngStudent

rank01.pngHonor Student

rank02.pngTop Student

rank03.pngTutor

rank04.pngIntern

rank05.pngTeacher

rank06.pngGrad Student

rank07.pngMaster’s Graduate

rank08.pngPhD Student

rank09.pngAssociate Professor

rank10.pngProfessor

rank11.pngDistinguished Professor

rank12.pngRegents Professor

rank13.pngAssociate Dean

rank14.pngDean

rank15.pngProvost

In addition to ranks, you will see   icons and   icons by some members Forum names.  If they have an  icon by their Forum name, they work for HP. If they have an   icon by their Forum name, they are people that we feel are very knowledgeable but don’t work for HP.

Welcome to our support community!

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others.
HP Recommended

Thank you, Kuki and MC713!:smileyvery-happy: This is fun!

HP Recommended

Most Welcome! 🙂

When you're having fun, so are we! 😉

HP Recommended

Thanks I really wanted to know all of this! 😉

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.