Did you mean: 
Grieg
Level 1
8 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

"Terms of Use" Question

HP Recommended

Hello: My wife and I are self-employed (real estate agents) and have around 4 or so computers. I'd like to submit an OS question to the HP consumer support forum, "Notebook Operating systems and software." Is this the right forum, or is there one that I should use because the notebook is for my business use?

The "Terms of Use" says ". . . HP authorizes you to use the HP Websites only for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. Use of the HP Websites for any public or commercial purpose (including, without limitation, on another site or through a networked computer environment) is strictly prohibited."

I wondered if because I'm a business user this is a commercial use and therefore prohibits me from using a consumer support forum.

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SedonaF
Retired
Retired
1,540 1,111 23 131
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Grieg wrote:

Hello: My wife and I are self-employed (real estate agents) and have around 4 or so computers. I'd like to submit an OS question to the HP consumer support forum, "Notebook Operating systems and software." Is this the right forum, or is there one that I should use because the notebook is for my business use?

The "Terms of Use" says ". . . HP authorizes you to use the HP Websites only for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. Use of the HP Websites for any public or commercial purpose (including, without limitation, on another site or through a networked computer environment) is strictly prohibited."

I wondered if because I'm a business user this is a commercial use and therefore prohibits me from using a consumer support forum.

Thanks for reading.

Hello Grieg,

The "commercial purposes" the Terms of Use refer to are things like unsolicited advertisements for outside businesses.  You are welcome to post your question to the appropriate board, which I see you have mentioned in your post.  

Thanks for your question 🙂

SunshineF

HP Support Forums Moderator

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation