Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have purchased a lap top DV 5, 2 weeks ago from Sim Lim Square . Initially while using it, everything is fine and there is nothing to complaint about. However the unit suddenly broke down without any reason.

2.                    Like any normal consumer, I brought the unit back to HP located at Alexandra to surface the problem. The staff who attended to me had informed me that the problem lies at the ram card slot and they be replacing me a unit.

3.                     I was very contented about HP service at that point of time as they do live up to their name and I told myself that I have not make a mistake choosing HP as my 1st lap top. However I was being called up by a customer service officer namely Miss Yang after 7 days. She was rather polite over the phone and during the phone call she informed me that HP is unable to replace me a similar unit as my unit DV 5 is an obsolete model. The product manager is offering another model which is DV 3 .

4.                     However DV 3 is not what I wanted as the screen is 13.3 inch and there is no Bluray support. My Dv 5 has a 15.3 inch screen and it has a Bluray player. I then enquired from her if there is any other offer that is available which is close to what I have.

5.                     She made a check and informed me that the product manager can only offer me DV 3. However she went to the extend of checking with the shop which I have made my purchase to make a refund with them . Unfortunately they too do not have any unit similar to mine .

6.                     I made a check to HP site and found that there is another unit which is new in the market and close to mine. The model is HDX X16 and I informed Miss Yang of the suggestion. She made another round of check and the answer is the same . The product manager can only offer DV3.

7.                     Finally I gave up and requested for her to repair my unit but under the condition of a extended warranty. However I was disappointed again as I was offered with additional 3 months warranty. The customer service officer Miss Yang has did her part and I totally understand that she is in no position to make any promise.

8.                     CAN I KNOW HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU ARE A CUSTOMER WHO HAD PAID FOR A LAP TOP AND UNABLE TO USE IT FOR MORE THAN 10 DAYS. YOU ARE PROMISED WITH A REPLACEMENT BUT THEY LATER ON THEY ARE UNABLE TO DO IT AS YOUR UNIT IS OBSOLATE AND THEY ARE OFFERING YOU ANOTHER PRODUCT WHICH IS OF NO INTEREST TO YOU. SUPRISING THE OFFER THAT WAS MADE IS OF CHEAPER PRICE TO YOURS. 9.                     REQUESTED FOR ANOTHER MODE THEY SAY ITS TOO NEW. WHAT IS THIS? TOO OLD CANNOT REPLACE ! TOO NEW ALSO CANNOT REPLACE. ASKED FOR EXTENDED WARRANTY , THEY CAN ONLY OFFER 3 MONTHS MORE. 1 WEEK ALREADY DAMAGE WHAT IS 1 YEAR AND 3 MONTHS.?
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This forum is to leave feedback and suggestions directly relating to these message boards. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.