Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

FYI...I just got spamed by an hp look-a-like... "HP Digital Device HP_Printer@aol.com" (don't ask me why the text I pasted here will only show up in an email address format). The spam came with a zipped file attachment called HP_Scan_06292013. Does anyone in hp security benefit from seeing the email? If so, is there a place to forward it?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have received the same e-mail however is it attached to our Company domain instead of @aol.com.  I am needing to know if there is an issue with the E-Mail being Spam in order to let the company know of this E-Mail.  Please respond if this is a known Spam Technic

HP Recommended

I just received one of these with our work domain as well. No one else at our email domain received one, though. The file attachment seems useless. My virus didn't detect anything and its only about 298 bytes. The file extension is .zip, but it isn't a zip file (7zip says it won't open). It is some very brief binary file of some type.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.