Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cb-hp
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

spam from "HP Digital Device HP_Printer@aol.com"

HP Recommended

FYI...I just got spamed by an hp look-a-like... "HP Digital Device HP_Printer@aol.com" (don't ask me why the text I pasted here will only show up in an email address format). The spam came with a zipped file attachment called HP_Scan_06292013. Does anyone in hp security benefit from seeing the email? If so, is there a place to forward it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jdouglas_529
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have received the same e-mail however is it attached to our Company domain instead of @aol.com.  I am needing to know if there is an issue with the E-Mail being Spam in order to let the company know of this E-Mail.  Please respond if this is a known Spam Technic

0 Kudos
veedgo
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just received one of these with our work domain as well. No one else at our email domain received one, though. The file attachment seems useless. My virus didn't detect anything and its only about 298 bytes. The file extension is .zip, but it isn't a zip file (7zip says it won't open). It is some very brief binary file of some type.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation