Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

im neil_fl

using a friends account atm

i just want to know why i was banned yesterday ?

the reason i got was "ad ban"

i wasnt even using the site yesterday (it was easter!)

i just logged in at 1am after i got home to reply to this thread

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-printing-and-scanning/Mac-Scanning-w-Officejet-6500/m-p/629617#M168...

replied to a pm

and reported a post regarding "wwe wrestling" in the notebook section

so what did i do wrong ?

if i hadnt done anything wrong ,admin/moderator , please unban me

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

😮

how did it happen??  😮

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

logged in today after school and got this message

We're sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.

You have been banned for the following reason:

ad spam

HP Recommended

You must have clicked on some spammers link...

which spreded spams through your account...

that could be the reason

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

i dont think i did

HP Recommended

Depending on what internet provider you use, it is possible that you share the same IP address as many other people or that someone else in a building (if you post from work or school) was banned and that could be affecting your account as well. 

Please send me the user name for your banned account via Private Message and we'll get it sorted out.

Thanks and sorry for this inconvenience!

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
HP Recommended

alright thanks SandyD 😄

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.