Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It has always been our desire that this forum serve as a platform for HP employees to listen and respond to consumers, and it has not escaped our attention that users often question in posts or comments whether or not HP actually is reading, monitoring and tracking the information here in the forum. It is true that sometimes the voice of HP remains silent on certain topics and issues and we wanted to share with you all some information that might enlighten you to one reason that might be the case.  

Picture 6.jpgOccasionally, a topic or question will pop up here on the forum about a particular product that we are unable to respond to, or participate in any conversations. It is an unfortunate event, but it is against HP policy to comment further on any topic when legal action against HP has been implied or threatened. Once the topic of legal action is brought up in an overall comment, HP is no longer able to participate in that thread.

Another thing you should be aware of is that it is against HP policy to allow posts soliciting support for (or directing consumers to) a non-HP site for the purpose of gathering names or providing information about a legal situation. HP has no choice but to remove that post, or the portion of the post providing the legal information. If repeated attempts are made violating this, or other policies, HP reserves the right to remove your access.

We hope this information helps you further understand our own rules for responding to your issues which we have to follow and will help us all be able to continue the conversations which make this forum helpful.

Best Regards,

GarenT

I worked for HP.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

So...Device Stage pages for printers is considered a confidential matter? (See here).

HP Recommended

Hi

Great example and one we should talk about. In the case you bring up, I'm guessing that the employee simply doesn't know, or can't comment on future products. Most companies have a policy that keeps us from talking about new devices or features for yet unreleased products.

I this case, it appears that that the questions was answered, but the "When in the future will HP have this product" was not. Marketing features in products are generally not known until just a few months prior to the product release, and are not made available to the public until we formally announce the product.

Thanks for asking. Great Question.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Garen,

I am new to this forum business.  i am savvy with computers but have had the luxury of not having to deal with problems with my previous computers. i was investigating purchasing a dv7 - 3007tx laptop and thought i would try to find out about the hard drive (wether or not it was a sata drive).  what i found was a support forum that is difficult to navigate and very misdirectional. there is no simple place to ask a general question. i realise that "posting" is a technical term for asking and sending a question but seriously why dont you have simple terms that lay people understand. and why is it that your forum is filled with bitter people.  makes me less confident about your products and more importantly your warranty and support !!

would be nice to be able to ask a question in a much less complicated forum.  chat room that is mentioned seems to be illusive as well.

just a thought - good for me that i haven't bought a hp laptop yet - will need to re consider my options now

good luck and hopefully something will be done about the forum website for future users - haven't completely gone cold about purchasing a hp laptop but will definately look into the warranty and support issues you seem to be having - really !!

good day from

little ol backwater

perth

western australia

you know where that is don't you (Southern hemisphere)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.