10-26-2012 03:37 PM - last edited on 02-22-2017 12:53 AM by OscarFuentes
Welcome to the HP Support Forum highlighting Windows 8.
Over the past months, we have been working closely with Microsoft to make the transition to this innovation operating system as seamless for you, the consumer, as possible. In that effort, we have developed several materials to answer questions on upgrade, compatibility, and operating basics that will get you well on your way to becoming a Windows 8 guru.
Below we have listed several questions that were asked by customers who experienced Windows 8 while in its beta and pre-release stages. We have compiled the links and documents to minimize your search for any similar questions that you may have. If your question is not listed here, please post a thread to the board and we'll get that answered as soon as possible.
Thanks so much!
Post Your Windows 8 Questions on the HP Support Forum
- Windows 8 Operating System Board
- Display & Drivers Windows 8 Board
- Sound & Audio Windows 8 Board
- Hardware Windows 8 Board
- Wireless, Internet & Home Networking Windows 8 Board
HP Windows 8 Support Events
- January 9, 2013 Experts Day
- November 28, 2012 Windows 8 Experts Day
- November 13, 2012 Windows 8 Twitter #Winchat
- Windows 8 Twitter Chat Blog Summary
Windows 8 Support Sites
- HP Support Forum - Online community with a wealth of topics and answers from HP and message board experts.
- HP Windows 8 Support Site - Guides through basic information on HP and Windows 8 topics for getting started, upgrading, printing, and Windows 8 apps.
- Microsoft Windows 8 Support site - Microsoft website that has wealth of information on Windows 8 in general.
- Microsoft Windows 8 Answers Forum - Ask Microsoft MVPs and the community Windows 8 questions
HP Windows 8 Support Videos
- HP PC Windows 8 Videos - quick and easy videos that show you how to use the new Windows 8 features on your PC
- HP Printing Windows 8 Videos - quick and easy videos to help you with you with printing on Windows 8 systems
Windows 8 Support Tools
- Getting Started with Windows 8 App - Find the "Getting Started with Windows 8" application on newly purchased HP PCs or find it in the Windows store after upgrade to Windows 8.
- HP Support Assistant - Available on your new PC to help with questions about your PC and software. If upgrading, HP recommends downloading this tool onto your PC to help with questions about your PC and software.
- Just Type - If you are in Windows 8 start screen, just type the keywords for the item on which you need help, Windows 8 will present search options in the help files.
- Setup Posters and Basics guides - included with new Windows 8 PCs purchased after 10/26/12.
Tips and Tricks
- 8 Great Windows 8 Links - Next Bench blog article on how to take advantage of Windows 8 short cuts and more.
- Windows 8 Keyboard Short Cuts
Windows 8 Upgrade Information
- HP Windows 8 Upgrade Site - HP webpage specific to Windows 8 upgrade and support of HP products.
- Before Upgrading: Information and potential limitations/issues to consider. – Covers limitations and issues upgrading may cause to various computer features.
- How do I backup my files? Provides information on how to backup your files before upgrading.
- Create a Restore Point HP recommends creating a restore point after upgrading or purchasing a new PC to recover your PC after a failure.
- Repair after Upgrade - Once I upgrade to Windows 8, if I need to send my PC back to HP for hardware repair, what operating system will be running on my system?
- Support After Upgrade - Will HP support my PC after I have upgraded to Windows 8?
- Upgrade Assistant Disc- Provides information on why there is no longer an upgrade assistant disc as in previous cycles and what the steps for support are now.
- Windows Upgrade Offer - Provides the requirements for Microsoft upgrade discount and offer on new PCs.
Windows 8 Printer and PC Compatibility
- Can my Printer and/or scanner be used with Windows 8? - Shows supported printers and scanners and how to get the drivers for them.
- Where can I find software and drivers for my HP products/PCs? - links to the main location to obtain HP drivers for products
- Where can I find out if ANY of my devices are compatible with Windows 8 - Link to Microsoft page that shows application and device compatibility information.
- What are the hardware requirements to run Windows 8? - Guides user to Microsoft FAQ page that shows HW requirements among other things.
Getting Started with Windows 8
- Trouble with Windows 8 Activation? - Steps to help with resolving Windows 8 activation errors and issues.
- Touch after Upgrade - How are my touch and/or Touchsmart applications affected after upgrade to Windows 8?
- Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts - Shows basic combinations that can be used in place of touch and other manual action combinations.
Top HP Support Forum Windows 8 Topics
- Preparing your System for Windows 8
- Getting Printer Drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Wireless and Bluetooth - This post provides instructions for properly enabling Wireless and Bluetooth functionality after upgrading to Win8 on consumer notebooks.
- Windows 8 PC Shutdown - This post describes hybrid shutdown in Win8 and how to completely shut down a PC.
- Windows 8 UEFI features - This post discusses which consumer notebooks will support Windows 8 UEFI features after upgrade and which BIOS upgrades are required.
- Installing a Printer on a Windows 8 HP PC
- Fixing Scan to Computer after Upgrade
- Timely Install of Windows 8 Updates
- How to Restart Print Spooler in Windows 8
- Finding, Installing, and Using Windows 8 Apps
- HP Windows 8 Support Site
Please check back or bookmark. This post is updated frequently