Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I love taking pictures of my close family members. The speaking members of my family give me grief as it appears from our images that the favorite family member is our dog. We have a 3 year old female Boxer named Mercedes. We, of course call her Saide.

Recently HP published a really good article on taking photos of the animal sorts. Here is the full article on Take Better Photos: Pets. HPIM1570.JPG

When taking pictures of your pet, stay true to their character—just like you would for a portrait of a person.

Before you start snapping, consider what makes your pet unique and how you can best portray those qualities. 

You’ll be more likely to capture your pet’s true personality if you take photos of them in a favorite spot or while engaging in a favorite pastime, like playing fetch or taking a nap in a sunny spot.

HPIM1372.JPGTry something new. For example, consider photographing your pet upside down! This yields a particularly amusing photo when the animal has droopy jowls, like bulldogs and boxers. Just roll him or her over, give their belly a rub, and take your shot!

Pets can be active and spontaneous, which makes them exciting playmates, but challenging photo subjects. Follow these tips to avoid a blurry photo of your furry friend:

• Prevent shutter lag (the pause from the moment you press the shutter to when the camera takes the photo): hold the shutter button halfway down, wait for your subject to make their move, and then press the button down the rest of the way.
  • Many cameras, including HP digital cameras, have a built-in Action shooting mode that automatically accelerates your shutter speed so you can avoid the blur associated with motion.
  • Use a tripod or brace yourself against a stationary object so it's easier to hold the camera still.

HPIM1447.JPG

It’s the small things that matter. Capture the detail of your pet's whiskers or the texture of their fur with a great close-up shot.

Use your camera's zoom feature to get close—an ideal way to take a picture of a sleeping pet without waking them up.

Zoom in on your pet after the photo is taken using the cropping tool available on most HP Photosmart All-in-Ones. Learn more about improving your photos with in-printer cropping.

I use the free software from Google, called Picasa to do most of my photo editing. Very easy to use and fun to play with the image features.

Enjoy! I hope you take tons of pictures and can find fun things to do with the images afterwards. I love trying new things. Good Luck!

I worked for HP.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Upside down dogs r so funny! hahah. Simply awesome 🙂

I like how you are so close to family. That's a real treasure.

HP Recommended

I like the two first photos. The first one has beautiful background and the second one is really funny 🙂

Thanks for your suggestion. Now I have something new to do with my pets ;))

HP Recommended

all photos are very nice...thanks for sharing............

[text removed]

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.