Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I'm curious if anyone has ever had a 1050C/1055CM upon feeding roll paper and hearing the beep and closing the feed handle/bar just spins and spins trying to load paper but fails. It will take a sheet at the top. I only viewed it a few minutes today at the end of the day. I need to get it fixed tomorrow ideally.

I have been around these since 2006 and have NEVER seen this.

It looks like the roll pinch assembly is locking down on the drive roller.

I think the ability to feed a sheet rules out the clutch but not really sure.

But I THINK the clutch drives the bottom roll paper feed rollers, so something MAYBE COULD BE awry there.

Also I've heard the the linkage arm to the pinch roller could have disconnected, but it does appear to lock down on the drive roller.

If you have ever had this happen and resolved it, or have a good idea as to what the problem is, please let me know.

Thanks for any input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It was a BAD CLUTCH. A broken clutch actuator lever that slides under the carriage when it goes far left in order to engage the clutch. Its small pivot arms were both broken off the lever. So it was just sitting there detached. A new clutch resolved the problem.

I was relieved to see the problem was so obvious after removing the left cover.

Thanks Meat1820. That is good to know to straighten out heavy media to get it to feed properly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

.... also I have never had to tear into the bottom roll feed bar (I would have to look up the name of this; I think I recall ARSS something or another.) but I have heard it has a gear on the end of it that meshes with the clutch which makes sense.

HP Recommended

what type of paper are you loading?

mine will do that if I'm loading heavy photo paper. It's like the memory curve in the paper from being on the roll is curving up inside the printer catching on something and not allowing the rolls to feed it. the rolls just keep spinning till the printer realizes nothing is coming out to the platen then reverse rolls and spits it back out. then get a message Unsure if loading roll or sheet, lift handle to continue.

I take the end of the paper and form the curve out to where the paper is flat straight and re-insert it and it will go through fine.

try loading your roll all the way through to where the paper comes out on the platen then close the handle and see what happens.

HP Recommended

It was a BAD CLUTCH. A broken clutch actuator lever that slides under the carriage when it goes far left in order to engage the clutch. Its small pivot arms were both broken off the lever. So it was just sitting there detached. A new clutch resolved the problem.

I was relieved to see the problem was so obvious after removing the left cover.

Thanks Meat1820. That is good to know to straighten out heavy media to get it to feed properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.