Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Hi

The printer z5400 has 772 inks installed. It says that they are "pigment based". I have read and can see that it says "UV, fade and water resistant inks". In case if I print on PVC roll with these inks and place the poster outside, if this will be unaffected by the rain and UV?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I only see HP 70 and 772 inks for the Z5400.  None are UV inks.  I could not find a UV conversion kit for the Z5400, so I do not think that this model has a separate UV ink system available.  The Pigment-based inks are durable.  They are relatively waterproof and light-resistant, not easy to fade, and will not smudge, so the printed works can be preserved for a long time.  The printed pictures generally have good waterproof, anti-light, anti-oxidation, and preservation properties.  How long will prints retain their vibrant color in your outdoor environment?  You will have to test.  

I am a forum volunteer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.