Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have created a Copy shortcut using the drag to green bar method but no shortcut appears on the Home Screen and the Display Shortcuts button has no effect.  Did I miss something in initial setup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paul_H3

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!

I suggest you delete it and recreate the same using the below steps:

To quickly access your most used printer functions, create shortcut icons that display on the home screen of the printer control panel.

1. Touch one of the blue function tabs, such as Fax, Photo, or Copy, and then select the icon you want for a shortcut.

2. Touch and hold the icon until a green menu bar displays at the bottom of the screen.

3. Drag the icon to the green bar, and then release it.

A new shortcut icon displays on the home screen.

To delete shortcuts, touch and hold the shortcut icon on the home screen, drag the icon to the red bar, and then release it.

NOTE: 

Some shortcuts might not appear when the printer is first set up. Shortcuts are user-defined and can be created or deleted at any time.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Paul_H3

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!

I suggest you delete it and recreate the same using the below steps:

To quickly access your most used printer functions, create shortcut icons that display on the home screen of the printer control panel.

1. Touch one of the blue function tabs, such as Fax, Photo, or Copy, and then select the icon you want for a shortcut.

2. Touch and hold the icon until a green menu bar displays at the bottom of the screen.

3. Drag the icon to the green bar, and then release it.

A new shortcut icon displays on the home screen.

To delete shortcuts, touch and hold the shortcut icon on the home screen, drag the icon to the red bar, and then release it.

NOTE: 

Some shortcuts might not appear when the printer is first set up. Shortcuts are user-defined and can be created or deleted at any time.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.