Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T1100

I have come in on a machine that has not worked since the carriage belt was replaced. The first thing i learned is that the tech had used PB Blaster to try and clean ink stains off the encoder. I replaced the encoder, check how the tube were installed and lubed the carriage but still getting 86.01.Then I discovered that the tect had forgotten to put tension back on the belt. Next I check the carriage rear bushing and found it to be broken, so I replaced it. Still getting 86:01. The carriage has no apparent obstruction. During start up it scans the full lenght and stops over the service station and goes into an 86:01 after a moment. 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Not 100% sure by your carraige assembly may have a slide switch in the back that 2 positions. One is HI and the other is Low. You need to remove the carraige again and if it has the switch it should be set for hi.

HP Recommended
Thanks, didn't know about the switch. I will go by next week and let you know what I find.
HP Recommended

The issue is the printer is measusing distance from the  stopping point  on the LHS to the stop position at the service station end.

And its probably getting the wong answer and concluding its got a jam

So its not traveling as far as it needs to on the LHS

This could be that screw tensioning the belt is no fully done up or is obstruction or the cutter is out of position.

Good luck 

Peter

HP Recommended
Thank you. Unfortunately this did not resolve my issue. I appreciate you input.
HP Recommended
There does not seem To be any obstruction, carriage is traveling full distance. I'll post if I get it going again.
Thank you.
HP Recommended
In order to see if belt tensioner is done up enough you need to remove the lbs cover and inspect it.
HP Recommended
Yes, have already check that. The tech had left all the tension off. I corrected it but stl not working.
HP Recommended

OK thats good

Try removing the cutter. 

HP Recommended

hi 

check the cutter. make sure the stopper with the spring can be pushed in and bounce back.

it sometime gets stuck out and that makes the carraige path shorter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.