tomd001
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Alignment pages

HP Recommended
Deskjet 1513
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two problems. After I insert an ink cartridge each time i turn on the printer it print an alignment page. I scan it as directed but it never stops.

Then if I insert a refilled ink cartridge it comes up and says cartridge failure or counterfeit cartridge, very annoying.

5 REPLIES 5
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @tomd001,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! 

I understand you are having issues with your HP DeskJet printer keeps printing alignment pages. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

It is important that you perform an ink cartridge alignment process to get the best print quality. This normally occurs once when you replace the cartridges. Once the alignment is successful, the message will disappear and printer should print without any further issues.

Let's try to perform a Hard reset on the printer: 

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

If the 'Alignment Unsuccessful' message cannot be resolved, and you see a Skip button, you can choose to continue printing without alignment. Print quality might be affected.

Check  HP Inkjet Printers - 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays to see the steps you can try to resolve this issue.

For more information on HP Printers - 'Used or Counterfeit ink cartridge Detected' or 'Counterfeit ink cartridge Advisory' E... please go through this link.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
tomd001
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply but now it still prints an alignment every time and will not print  anything else.

Tom

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @tomd001,

As I understand you have tried to follow the steps suggested and still having the issue with the DeskJet printer printing the alignment page. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I would suggest once you print the alignment page, you are suppose to scan the alignment to complete the process. If you haven't please use the same document to complete the alignment process.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
tomd001
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did scan the alignment page but still it wants to print a new one every time it is turned on. Thanks for trying to help but there are simply too many other  problems like when I have a cartridge refilled it won't accept it without a hassle so I have decided to buy i new printer and sadly for you it will NOT be an HP model.

Thanks anyway,

Tom

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @tomd001,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region.

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation