cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Maws
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Any tips on what this test print means/suggest?

HP Recommended
designjet 130
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have problem with a designjet 130 printer, among other things its not able to print black.

I have verified I'm able to pull black ink all the way to the printhead with a small needle, also cartridges are almost full.

I'v tried cleaning the printer heads with some water, and also able to get 2 "lines" of ink when pressing down on paper, after it's been "soaked" gently in water.

I suspect it might be the printhead, but before buying a new ones (I'm not sure which other head might be of suspect so attatched picture of the test print page, so any tips would be appreciated).

regardsTest print paper from designjet 130Test print paper from designjet 130

3 REPLIES 3
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,326 6,309 751 1,058
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will need to replace black and magenta printhead, other printheads have good quality print.

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From your photo, you clearly have black printhead problem & have to replace it...  also colors has lines across..

you must check if air in inktubes.... use a syringe to draw out inks one by one &  make sure no bubbles... clean

all contacts as well...

After all & do a printhead alignment.. color calibration.....   make sure all pass..

rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for contacting with HP support forum.

Please replace black and magenta printheads.

Besure you have available ink inside the all ink cartridges.

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed
Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation