Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7720 (All In One)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi there,

I purchased the printer last week. I am unable to successful setup of Auto TurnOn/OFF feature. I did all the setting even update the priter bios software thru  EWS and every thing is ok except Auto TurnOn/OFF

I want to turn the printer auto on Mon-Fri 9:00am and turn auto Off at 6:30pm. Could you please help this i have done setting for

Schedule On --> green

Schedule Off  --> Green

Schedule On Timing --> defined already (Mon-Fri 9:00am)

Schedule Off Timing --> defined already(Mon-Fri 6:30pm)

Is there any more setting i need to make this work properly,  please help.

Kindest regards,

Zi

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MSaqibZ 

References and How-to

Double check your setup...

User Guide

Chapter 2, Sub-Section "Manage Power" - Starting on Page 3

Note the comments about "sleep" - printer uses this option to enter a reduced, cost effective means of saving resources and power.

When is "now" and  "later"?

If you have not done so,

Open EWS

"Sync" the date / time on the printer.

EWS > Settings > Preferences > Date & Time

If you are lucky (as in the case of the Officejet Pro 8740), the option to "Synchronize with a Network Time Server" is available.  If not, that is, the printer does not support this feature,  then you must rely on the "Sync Now" setting.

Example

EWS_8740_Date-Time_1EWS_8740_Date-Time_1

Need or want more information?  Search for additional solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 Wide Format All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.